Winter Jazz Clinic 2021
Saturday | February 6, 2021
8:30 am – 4 pm
Ocoee High School | 1925 Ocoee Crown Point Pky | Ocoee, FL 34761
- Lead Clinician, Scott Wilson, Director of Jazz Studies, University of Florida
- Erik Abernathy, Guitarist and Upright Bassist
- Robert Acevedo Jr., Musician, Producer, DJ
- Dr. Jose Valentino Ruiz, UF Head of Music Business & Entrepreneurship
- Bernard Hendricks, Jr., Director of Bands, Ocoee High School
Join us at our free, non-competitive jazz clinic for middle and high school bands and individual students.
Jazz band students will learn from professional clinicians who emphasize individual creativity, team spirit and real-world experience. Includes clinician critique of performances, workshops and master classes. Clinicians will cover topics including improvisation, music theory, breaking into the music industry and what it takes to be a professional jazz musician.
This free clinic is open to 7th-12th grade students. Band Directors encouraged to attend. If you and your band cannot attend, individual students can attend themselves.
To register, contact
Ocoee High School Band Director
HAPCO programs give young people real-world experience and education from professionals they can relate to. We are building futures through music and arts education in Florida, Georgia and Texas. HAPCO provides clinics, camps, classes, an instrument donation program and LIVE performances.