HAPCO Summer Jazz Band Camp
June 15-19, 2020
Ocoee High School | 1925 Ocoee Crown Point Pky | Ocoee, FL 34761
Jazz in the Park: Band Camp Performance | Thursday, June 18 | 6pm
Oakland Town Center | 221 North Arrington St | Oakland, FL
Finale Performance with Clinicians | Friday, June 19 | 12:15p
Disney Springs Stage
Coordinated by: Bernie Hendricks, Jr., Ocoee High School Director of Bands
Open to 2020/21 7th-12th graders
Stay and Play at
Fairfield Inn | 10971 W Colonial Dr. | Ocoee, Florida 34761
+ Orlando theme park and attraction outings
- Lead Clinician: Scott Wilson, Univ. of Florida Director of Jazz Studies
- Erik Abernathy, Guitarist and Upright Bassist
- Robert Acevedo Jr., Musician, Producer, DJ
- Dr. José Valentino, Head of Music Business & Entrepreneurship, Univ. of Florida
- Bernie Hendricks, Jr., Ocoee HS Band Director
- Ricky Jackson, HAPCO Instructor
Best. Band. Camp. EVER.
full ensemble rehearsals | master classes | sectionals, combo + improv | business, theory + history | recording tools | career tools
It’s overnight summer camp, close to home, for Central Florida jazz students.
You’ll learn from professional and university-level clinicians, who emphasize fun and energy in a positive environment.
You’ll have fun with friends, old and new, who share your passion for jazz music.
You’ll build your confidence and your skills – and your network of connections.
You’ll perform alongside the clinicians on stage at Disney Springs.
It’s a week of jazz, learning and making life-long friends. Join us!
Early Bird Rates!
Through January 31, 2020
- Early Bird thru Jan 31 | $400 overnight | $200 day camp
- Feb 1 - Mar 31 | $500 overnight | $325 day camp
- After Mar 31 | $600 overnight | $450 day camp
$350: Sponsor a Band Camp Scholarship.
Your scholarship sponsorship sends a disadvantaged young person to camp.
[ REGISTER ]
- All campers must complete and return Camp Student Info Forms by June 5, 2020.
- Further information: Summer Jazz Camp Handbook
- Campers must have a minimum of one year of training on their chosen instrument.
- While at camp, students are supervised by Resident Camp Counselors.
- Meals included are: Day Campers: lunch; Overnight Campers: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Cancellation Policy: There is a $100 non-refundable fee for any cancellations, which must be submitted in writing by email or US mail. To receive a refund for your registration fee less the $100, your cancellation request must be made before June 1, 2020. Any cancellations submitted on or after June 5, 2020 will not receive a refund. HAPCO | PO Box 784581 | Winter Garden, FL 34778 | firstname.lastname@example.org